Thursday, March 01, 2007

UFC 68 Picks

I did this once already and lost it all so I'm gonna make it short a sweet.

My picks for the night (Sat. 3 March):

Randy Couture for the win over Tim Silvia
-I hate Silvia and just don't want him to win. Other than that, I think that Couture is a better fighter -- deffinitely more well-rounded -- and will be able to beat him even though Silvia has the height and reach advantage. This is going to be a tough, and close fight!

Matt Hughes for the win over Chris Lytle
-Hughes is an excellent fighter with an excellent record, not a man to mess with!

Rich Franklin for the win over Jason MacDonald
-I want MacDonald to win, but I just don't think he's a good enough fighter; especially after the last fight he had; that was a lucky win on his behalf for sure.

Renato "Babalu" Sobral for the win over Jason Lambert
-Just a feeling I got!

And the others I'm not going to bother with.

UFC 68 Fightcard
UFC 68 Official Website

Labels:

Subscribe to The Chronicles

9 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, did you see the muay thai fighter on the Daily Show tonight (last night by the time you read this)? He said basically the trick to kill the nerve endings in your shins so you can use them like baseball bats.

Care to verify or deny?

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, as of this posting, you officially have the longest running blog of any of my old students- gold star for you! ;-P

(and tell Brett he sucks)

(at blogging)

;-)

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Brett does suck a mean blog...
I agree with you homebrew, except for the Couture fight...he's just too old. I want him to win, I'll be cheering him on, but it's like cheering for the Oilers lately....hopeless in the long run this year...

Hold me closer MAthew WHERE IS RYAN SMYTH!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..oh yea, i finally beat minesweeper on expert!!!!

...i miss ryan smyth still tho, so it doesn't help my heart :(

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

Shins like baseball bats: Verify.

Stack up a bunch of old tires in a column and smash your shins against it repeatedly. Make sure to kick with the top of the foot, middle of the shin and just below the knee so make sure the whole leg turns steel.

An hour of sparring using purely leg kicks helps out a lot too! :P

Unfortunately I didn't see the Daily Show episode you speak of though.

Longest running blog: HURRAY FOR ME!! :D

Randy: Benefir of the doubt, son!

Minesweeper: What's you're time?

Fight's on tonight, I'll post a response to the fight sometime later tonight or tomorow.

Peace and karats,
Mathew Joki ESQ.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

PS. Brett says, "Tell Jessica that 'She Sucks!'" (In response to 'Brett sucks at blogging)

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

My thoughts exactly! :)

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my thoughts too guys....guys...thats my thoughts too guys....that Brett, hey guys? hey?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home