Monday, January 15, 2007

Fighting Shape

My new year’s resolution: get back into the shape I was in back in Thailand.

Well I started the gym a little over a week ago with some guys from school, and today I got my body composition analyzed at the gym. Surprisingly enough I’m not too far off from where I was in Thailand. I managed to maintain my body fat percentage—biking to school every day seems like it’s paid off—and in just the past week was also able to put on a few of muscle as well, so things are looking good. The only area I really need to improve on now to get back into “fighting shape” is drop my resting heart rate down from 60 bpm to the 40-50 range. Which means my cardio and endurance is gone need a bit of work.

And speaking of “fighting shape” a friend of mine I met in Thailand finally managed to get a protracted qualm he was having with the internet settled, and sent me a few video clips of me and some other students training in Thailand. Here is what I’ve got so far, hopefully he can get some more footage successfully sent to me so that I can post it up on here as well.

One note before you watch, there aren’t any frontal shots of me, so if you can’t figure it out, I’m the long-haired grub in the blue trunks. Enjoy:



And a little video that the same friend who gave me the footage editted and posted up on YouTube. Includes footage of some of the facilities and instructors at the Rawai Muay Thai gym (Phuket) that I trained at before aswell (but not at the same time he was), and other clips of training in Chiang Mai (the ones I'm trying to yank from him). :D

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to The Chronicles

19 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i could beat matt in two hits,

#1 my fist hitting his kisser
#2 him hitting the ground

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

shut up davenport/mahe I know that's you. lol

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you boys.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! luek watchel's fist can be pretty intimidating, it tends to send out random, threatening messages on blogs all over the internet...its too bad you were chosen this time...the last thing i'd want is the 2 hit combo

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

LOL

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice elbows. Makes me tired just watching...

Brings back nightmares training in mixed martial arts and getting yelled at "you can die when I say you can die, now do ten more!!"

The little kids are cute.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the little kids are nothing but space age cyborgs...no child can do that

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

Yes, the kids are cute, but do they ever know how to tangle!

And when i was training there, "dying" was usually cured by a half-inch thick bamboo shoot that my instructor lovingly referred to so "The Teacher".

Oh what fond, welted memories i have of The Teacher.... hahaha

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur a pussy1!!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard you enjoyed benny, I can't wait until next weekend when i get to see him.....LOL.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

You're evil.

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to the left to the left

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone likes Beyonce

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't know me, quit being selfish

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know yourself!!!!!

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erroneous, erroneous on both counts

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

What the hell are you people talking about!? lol

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must not know bout me

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home