Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Holiday Recap

Now I understand that this post has been a long time coming, but I have an entirely legitimate reason for that:

I just moved into a new place with a few guys from VFS, right before we all left home for the school break. When we came back from break we realized that we didn’t have internet like they said we would, so we had to wait until a guy from Shaw could come in and set up the internet for us (today).

Please trust me though that I did mean to update this a good week ago, but was unable to due to said conflict.


That aside, I’d like to make a quick mention of the party I held for New Years. A friend of mine owns a DJ company, and my parents have a rather spacious basement, so I applied the negotiation skills I learned from the gracious Miss Clark at VFS. The result: a Hawaiian-theme New Years party with over $30K worth of sound and lighting equipment set up in my basement, with the only cost to myself being a few hours of cleanup in the morning. This was a practice run though. I hope to do it again next year, only this time charge $2-3 cover and use that money to hire a maid to clean up on the 2nd or 3rd, instead of doing it myself.

Here is a recap of the night done by Kyle Davenport in a special YouTube debut of “The Davenport Report,” enjoy:






Photos:





See you there next year! ;)

Labels: ,

Subscribe to The Chronicles

10 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well....I think we can all agree, Kyle sure out did himself this time again didn't he?

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Daphne De Jesus said...

My website was done using photoshop to make all images and layout. Then clickable buttons are sliced into the picture using adobe imageready. So easy! I can show you!

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a cool party. How come I wasn't invited?

;p

J

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you didn't die...guess you got lucky

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

1) Yes we can.
2) Sweet, that'd be awesome Daphne, thanks!
3) You mean you didn't get your invitation Jessica!? :D
4) It's no big deal real, I get lucky so often that it's not even a big deal to me any more. ;)

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your luck will run out someday my friend and i hope i am there......hell i will probably be involved some how.(Good luck)

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the controversy it has stirred up is unfortunate

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

Yes, quite unfortunate indeed...

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who the hell invited Kyle? I hate that kid.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey now...no need to take this to another level, no good can come from blog trashing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home