Friday, October 12, 2007

In Antigua

Okay, well we've been here for about a week. And I've got a mixture of cool stuff and really shitty stuff to report on. I'll try and keep it brief, because I don't really feel like torturing you all right now...

Shitty thing: Our Actor/Writer decided that he wanted to pull out of the film (after his flight ticket was already paid for, I might add) after Luke basically told him that he was actually going to do his job as director, and DIRECT the movie. Daniel seemed like he was a little to into the script that we wrote for us, and not willing to trust the role of the female lead to be directed by anyone other than himself. So no negotiation, no discussion, just an agrivated email, stating his resignation as actor.

Less Shitty Thing: Daniel let us keep the script so at least we have something to work with.

Good Thing: We got a casting agent in NY -- a connection of Luke's -- and she's looking for some actors for us.

Real Shitty Thing: I had my computer formated before I came here, to get it up and running properly, but some how, all my files didn't get backed up properly at the shop, and now I find myself missing 2GB worth of photos from the 8 months I spent in Thailand! So needless to say, I'm pretty pissed about that, and really the whole thing is kind of making me feel a little sick...

Good Thing: Shab, Luke and Bert (Shab's dad) had an interview on national Antiguan TV this morning to talk about and hype the film a bit. It went good, not much else to say.

Cool Thing: We went to Shab's old primary school and talked to the grade 4-6's about what we do, pursuing there dreams and all that good stuff that role models, such as ourselves, are supposed to do! :D We had a little film related exercise for them to do, and answered some questions. At the end of it, we each spent 20 or 30 minutes signing autographs for the kids -- which was hilarious, and just plain out of control! Half the kids even made us give our emails, so I'm fearing that I'm going to get hundreds of emails tomorrow; Natalie already got on from one of the kids, asking if him and his brother could be actors in our movie!

Okay, I going though, there's still lots of things to do in the morning. I need some sleep, and I'm feeling really shitty about the Thailand photos (and who knows what else, that I haven't noticed is missing yet). So I'm going to get some sleep.

PEACE!

PS. I'll try to get picture up online here ASAP!

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to The Chronicles

5 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Sucks rocks about the photos. Any of your MT friends have copies?

Good luck finding your replacement actor- they often work out better than the original anyway (cold comfort I know.)

J

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like shit hit the fan out there bro...should have just come and shot in Lloyd i say! Best of luck tho!

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. long time no talk. glad to hear theres some postive movement with your project. if it helps i do have most (if not all) of the thailand emails you sent, so theres a few pics there. small consolation, but its what i've got.
cheers.
robbie

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Cody Ouimet said...

Thats pretty shitty luck about your photo's and actor Matt. Good luck with the rest of the filming and what goes, at least you guys are makin something for yourselves right now!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

Well I managed to recover some of the photos from my hard drive with some program that does that sort of stuff, so that's good. But if need be, I'll call up my posse (ie. you, Robbie) to send me some of then ones that were lost and so forth.

As for actors, it seems like we have options.. but we're not in the clear just yet, so we'll see how that all turns out in a couple days.

Thanks for the condolences though.

Peace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home