Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Life, Post, Fests, and Links

LIFE:
Well, I'm fully moved in with Mr. Marky-Marc, got my room all decked you with some super cool IKEA furniture, etc. I'm most likely getting a job doing some weekend valet work with Marc, so that's cool. Still waiting on people to get back to me and let me know what's what, still looking into schools.... I don't know, it's a bit shady at the moment. But livin' with Marc is cool though! *thumbs up!*

POST-PRODUCTION:
As for post-production of Memoirs of the Blue... basically nothing's happening... Sorry if I disappointed you, but we still don't have the footage captured, communication and collaboration within the group is not really happening (for reasons that I won't discuss), we're having some issues with the budget, and we're still in legal limbo with an airline company which is a deciding factor as to whether or not we're going to be able to use a scene in the movie...

Yeah... it's kinda scary, you're right! How does somebody deal with the looming cloud of misfortune over head? Well I'm sure you've all heard of that saying, "Ignorance is bliss..."

FESTIVALS:
I submitted my VFS Foundation final project to the Babelgum Online Film Festival yesterday. Submissions close February 15, and after that they should be viewable to the public. I'll keep everyone updated as per the developments in that field.

LINKS:
There's a couple links that I should have added to my site a LONG time ago.

Zeros2Heroes
The first is a Vancouver based online comic book networking group that allows aspiring comic writers to pitch, polish and perfect their abilities with the help of online opinions and comments. One of the people spear-heading this project, Jessica Clark, is a former instructor of mine and a veteran voice on the comment boards of this blog.

Video Copilot
The second has been an absolutely indispensable source for tutorials and reference when it comes to working with Adobe After Effects. With After Effects, I can say that I taught myself how to walk, but this site is really responsible for teaching me how to run.

***

The above mentioned links will herein be located in the side-panel "Links" section for all of your enjoyment and easy access.

Peas and Karats,
Joki

Labels: , , ,

Subscribe to The Chronicles

7 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you cant use the airline footage, just had 5 sex scenes and some pictures of hippopotami, just like spielburg would do.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

Yeah, I've brought the idea up before... we're still debating it though.

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or add footage of the davenport report volume one original edition, sure to get a laugh or two.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

Hey, there's a plan! We could release it as a Redux, or a Director's Cut and double the profits we made off the last Davenport Report!

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or just do the toy plane on a string thing... but make it black and white so its "artsy"

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

I'm also feeling some sepia tone and page-peels...

That will really bring the production value up a few notches!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ALSO feel some sepia tone and page-peels...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home