Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Networking Party

Yes, I realize that I'm busting these off rather rapid fire... but I just like to talk a lot! ;D On with it now:...

In term one of Foundation we have a class called Project Development & Presentation Design (http://www.vfs.com/faculty.php?id=1&staff_id=481). This class basically teaches you how to meet (“network” with) “people who are in a position to help you”, to sell (“pitch”) your ideas to people (the ‘higher-ups’) and to convince people to do what you want them to do – for as free as possible!

On our last class we had a mock-cocktail party/networking exercise where we all got together, dressed up for an early Halloween theme with snacks and beverages. The objective of the class was to practice our networking skills; to talk with as many people as we could, get to know something about them, exchange some contact info if we didn’t already have it, and most importantly, leave a lasting impression so that they remember you – in a positive way. A prize was provided by our instructor (the beautiful and talented Jessica Clark ;-) ), for the person who people remembered the most by the end of the party. Well, needless to say, I won by unanimous decision! (HUURRAAAYYYY! :D) The Prize? Something that no one should ever be by without… PENS! Mini-pens that you can easily hold in your pocket!

The networking party was so successful that I managed to get Jessica’s contact information, and some really good information and tips on a documentary project that I’ve got in mind (a blog entry for another day).

Here are a few pics that I just got from a fellow student:

Alijan, Marie (AKA: Glen), Chris K., Jaclyn, Jessica, Nathalie

Brett, Jaclyn, David, Daphne, Johnny, Alijan, Jae-Woo

David, Me, (Nathalie), Alex

Jaclyn, Brett, Me, (Daphne), Shab

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to The Chronicles

4 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad someone documented Brett's kitty suit. You can blackmail him if he ever becomes famous...

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Mathew Joki ESQ said...

That is Exactly what I intend to do!
haha

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger JaeWoo said...

Nice blog Matt
And you have my photo!!
The normal version one(not black one)

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see your a man of action and got this blogg started. I guess I wouldn't have expected less.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home